31st Annual Great Outdoor Art Contest
Saturday, September 14, 7:00am - Saturday, September 14, 4:00pm
T.C. Steele State Historic Site
4220 T.C. Steele Rd. Nashville, Indiana 47448
The oldest plein air art contest in Indiana is for old and young, beginners and established artists! Part of Brown County Art Colony Weekend in Nashville, and a tradition of
The oldest plein air art contest in Indiana is for old and young, beginners and established artists! Part of Brown County Art Colony Weekend in Nashville, and a tradition of Indiana artists for decades. First place and People’s Choice winners will be displayed until September 30, 2019 at the Brown County Art Guild in Nashville, Indiana. Registration materials available for download on this website beginning August 1st (see link following event description).
Parking will be $3 per car for the general public. There will be no 2:15 or 3:15 tour on PaintOut day.
Prizes from Jack Richeson & Co., Inc., Bear Hardware, and The Toy Chest for First place and People’s Choice winners.
- 7 am Gates open, artist check-in begins.
- 11:30 am Johnny’s Grub to Go will offer a buffet lunch for purchase.
- 2 pm All artwork must be in judging area. Judging begins at 2 pm. People’s Choice voting opens, and will close at 3 pm.
- 2 pm Stephen and Nancy Dickey will perform an outdoor concert on fiddle and banjo.
- 3:15 pm Announcement of winners in child and teen categories begins, followed by winners in the adult categories.
Co-sponsored by the Friends of T.C. Steele and IPAPA. Thanks to Jack Richeson & Co. Inc., Bear Hardware, and The Toy Chest for donating prizes for first place and People’s Choice winners!
Restroom facilities are handicapped accessible. Photographs will be taken during the event by staff members and volunteers. Participation in the event gives implied consent that photographs in which you and/or your work appear may be used for promotional purposes whether in print or online.
To print out a contest registration form, please double click on the link below. Then fill out the form and mail it to the historic site with the appropriate registration fee: Brochure_GOAC 19_1pager