We are excited to share with all of you, the results of our Inaugural Annual Member Survey. Our annual member survey is an important component of one of our key strategic priorities: Deploy Best Practices.
The annual survey is also the best opportunity for you, our members, to provide direct feedback to the Board of Directors – and for the Board, it is the best way for us to measure membership satisfaction and discover other opportunities to create value for our members.
This year’s survey was conducted over a 2-week period between July 16th – 30th. We are pleased with the level of engagement, the diversity of respondents, and the feedback that was received. We received a 20.2% response rate. Given that these types of satisfaction surveys and market research surveys often receive response rates between 10%-30% – we are very pleased with the results.
Below we have highlighted some of the key results from the survey as well as some of the direct feedback that was provided. If you have any other thoughts to share on how to improve the membership experience of the Friends of T.C. Steele please email us at email@example.com.
- 95% of respondents reported that they value their current Friends Membership.
- 95% of respondents reported that the current membership fees are reasonable.
- 95% of respondents stated that they plan to renew their membership in 2021.
Survey responses on how to improve membership benefits:
- Sponsor trips to other Steele related sites around the state of Indiana
- Host a “Paint as Steele Did” event. Participants recreate a piece of Steele’s work
- Continue telling the broader Story of Steele, connecting the sites from around the State where Steele lived and worked.
- More social events with speakers; hosted at various Steele related sites around the State.
It is very encouraging to see such a high level of satisfaction from our members. It is equally gratifying to receive so many thoughtful responses on ways to improve the membership experience.
The board will be reviewing this feedback and incorporate into our strategic plan actions steps as appropriate. In addition to increasing membership, our goal is to sustain a high level of membership satisfaction, improve membership benefits, and continue to promote and preserve the legacy of T.C. Steele.
We are proud to report that we ended the second quarter (April – June) of 2020 with 145 members! This includes the new Couples Lifetime Membership made available in February of 2020.
2020 Board of Directors
- President: P. Garrett Adams
- Vice President: Stacy Brooke
- Treasurer: Ben Steele
- Secretary: Lane Dunagin
- At-large: Betty Wagoner
- Patricia Pizzo – Emeritus
- David Steele – Emeritus