Margaret “Daisy” Steele, was the middle child of the three children of T. C. Steele and Mary Elizabeth Lakin. The other children in order of birth are Rembrandt (Brandt) Theodore Steele, Margaret “Daisy” Steele, and Shirley L. Steele. Born July 7, 1872, Battle Creek, Michigan. Daisy married Gustave A. Neubacher, June 1, 1905. Gustave was Selma Nuebacher’s brother.
- Valparaiso University Museum of Art, Valparaiso, Indiana, December 10, 1995–February 4, 1996
- Evansville Museum of Arts & Science, Evansville, Indiana, February 18–March 31, 1996
- Georgia Museum of Art, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, May 4–June 16, 1996
- Indiana University Art Museum, Bloomington, Indiana, August 4–September 29, 1996
- National Academy of Design, New York, New York, January 12–March 9, 1997, “Theodore Clement Steele: An American Master of Light.”
- Gerdts, William H. “Theodore Clement Steele: An American Master of Light.” New York, Chameleon Books, 1995, reprod. page 43 (color).
Courtesy Eckert and Ross Fine Art