Theodore Clement Steele, American, 1847–1926
Oil on canvas
62.87 cm x 82.85 cm | 24 2/4 in x 232 5/8 in
Signed and dated lower left, T.C. Steele / 1904
Bequest of Margaret C. Love, Lancaster Country, VA (1901-1999)
Ball State University Museum of Art, 2000
Accession number: 2000.004.000
This painting is in the collection of the David Owsley Museum of Art at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana which includes the thirteen paintings by T.C. Steele listed below. These paintings represent three genres: portrait, landscape, still life.
- Portrait Study, signed / 1884
- Tennessee Mountain Land, signed / 1899
- Path Through the Woods, signed / 1900
- Portrait of John Ottis Adams, about 1900
- Untitled (landscape with houses), 1904
- Frosty Morning – Brookville, signed / 1905
- A Summer Day, signed / 1906
- Edge of the Field (a.k.a. Summer Pasture), signed / 1918
- Vase of Flowers, signed / 1919
- Afternoon in Late Autumn, signed / c. 1920-1922
- Peonies in a Dark Red Bowl, signed / 1923
- Untitled (Landscape, road on a hill) / n.d.
- Untitled (Landscape, cow on road) / n.d.
Special thanks to the David Owsley Museum of Art, Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana.